Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Blog 23 (ummm I don't get it)

I believe that they were saying you shouldn’t take things for face value….I agree with them for the most part, but sometimes you have to take it as you see it. One the examples that they used was when the character “Cypher” played by long time actor Joe Patanolin, when he and the agents were in the resturant and he was eating the steak he said…”I know this steak doesn’t exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth the matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years I realized ignorance is bliss”
He hasd know choice to not take that experience, and the other for what they weren’t because he already knew that it wasn’t true, but for the rest of the people in the film who were still in the matrix they knew nothing of life outside of what they were living, and that‘s fine for most because the people in the Matrix had the better deal. To question whether or not should we take things for face value? I feel there is no right or wrong answer, it’s what you yourself feel. Who’s to say that the people on the street spreading the word on the end of the world are crazy. We label people crazy who are not religious when they say they have a relationship with god, but ignore the priest who molest little boys. Nothing really happens to them when they are caught, sure we say that’s so wrong and unfair but in the end(no pun intended) we just take it for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment